Second Opinion and Consultation
Dr. Hyman has a reputation of providing thorough and expert second opinion evaluations. He seeks to answer all your questions and teach you about things you may not have known to ask, so you leave feeling informed, re-assured and satisfied. Getting a second opinion is often a very valuable tool for patients, as it helps them feel more confident about the medical care they are getting, and more optimistic that they are 'on the right path' to their recovery. This is particularly important when considering surgery. Hip arthroscopy, knee surgery, shoulder surgery and non-surgical options generally are his specialty.
If you live in the Boston area, you may want to consider another source for online second opinions:
If you would like to see Dr. Hyman in Atlanta for a second opinion, please follow the 5 steps below.
If you reside out of state or live outside of the USA/ ie International, or would like an electronic 2nd opinion ("e-pinion") please contact him directly by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2. You will need to obtain and forward/send any of your previous relevant medical records/documents to Dr. Hyman's office, so that he can review them in advance of your appointment. That way, your appointment with him will be spent mostly evaluating you and educating you, as opposed to flipping through your paperwork.
You can contact your doctor‘s office to pick up/sign out:
- Any of your doctor’s office / chart notes
- Any Operative Reports of your surgery
- Any physical therapist notes (you may need to call your therapist)
- Any MRI/X-ray reports (should be included in the doctors notes)
- Any color pictures from any arthroscopic surgery that you may have already had (important)
- Any X-ray/MRI/CT scan films (if your doctor doesn't have them, the scanner facility may be able to reprint you a copy)
You may have to pick some of these things up at your doctor's office and deliver them if you are uncomfortable with mailing them and faxing them. Give your doctor's office a few days to get things ready for your pick-up.
Step 3. When you call to set up your appointment with Dr. Hyman (770) 363-8770, let them know it's a second opinion, so they can block out adequate time for your visit.
Step 4. If you have specific questions you would like Dr. Hyman to answer, include those in your email, from Step 1. above.
Step 5. Before you come in, confirm that all the materials you dropped off or had sent in were received. Don't assume.
Please contact Dr. Hyman's Medical Assistant, Katelyn, if you have any questions:
Phone: USA: 1+ 770-363-8770
All correspondences will be treated confidentially and with respect to HIPAA guidelines.
"HIPAA" is an acronym for the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (August 21), Public Law 104-191, requiring:
- Improved efficiency in healthcare delivery by standardizing electronic data interchange
- Protection of confidentiality and security of health data through setting and enforcing standards